(Industry, Size, Products/Services, Standing in India/World etc.)
CA Technologies is world's 5th largest independent software product company, leading IT management product space. The majority of Global Fortune 500 companies rely on CA Technologies to manage their evolving IT ecosystems. Founded in 1976, CA Technologies serves customers virtually in every country in the world and reported fiscal year 2011 revenue of $4.5 billion.
Our expertise is across all IT environments —mainframe / distributed, to virtual and cloud .Our products enable customers to manage and secure IT environments and deliver more flexible IT services essential to power business agility. Our suite of products ranges from domains like Storage and information management, security management, network management, IT service and asset management, infrastructure & operations management, project portfolio & financial management etc.
CA Technologies has its presence in 150 offices in more than 45 countries and is headquarters in the United States. India Technology Center is based in Hyderabad hosting 1700 employees, 30% of R&D workforce operates from our India office. Hyderabad office is spread across in 30+ acres land with state of art facilities like Recreation rooms, GYM, Yoga area, Tennis Courts, Basketball Court, Volley ball court, football field, and cricket pitch. For more details please go through our website www.Ca.com
Typical Job Description
· This position is responsible for creating and/or maintaining software applications for a product or family of products. Provide complex code modification, testing and debugging tasks. Provide high level analysis related to software design and development and solve problems.
· Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team..
· Design and code complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
· Develop plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other development team members.
· Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
· Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
· Fix bugs, add enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.
Set up software configuration control and software development environments including program source control to ensure reliable backups and source code integrity.
· Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
Assist Quality Assurance Team by providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
· Develop and direct software testing plans for quality assurance.
Provide input to establish and improve departmental processes and procedures.
· Mentor, train, develop and serve as knowledge resource for less experienced Software Engineers.
· May have indirect reports and manage a small project team..
Desired Skills of the candidate
· Ability to exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing, and performing project management tasks.
· Proven track record in meeting/exceeding stated deadlines and milestones.
· Technical Skills - z/OS, Assembler programming, DB2, C/C++ or Java Programming on Z/OS
· Methodologies – Agile / Scrum
Desired work experience (in complete years):
5 Yrs – 7 Yrs
Open & Negotiable
Under what category would you like the information displayed
IT - Software Product Development
Location of posting(mention country - if overseas and city)