Support and maintain the Production and Test & Development zTPF Systems to meet Uptime SLAs (eg 99.99% for Production)
Working with other key support team members maintain system stability on a 24x7x365 roster basis including weekends and holidays.
Provide primary Coverage contact and GNOC escalation point for all MARSHA related issues
Prepare, review and execute scripts on Development and Production systems in support of both business initiatives and system support functions.
Perform other zTPF programming and development tasks as assigned.
Develop and maintain operational scripts and procedures for GNOC, Business Recovery and other related areas.
Complete assigned projects/deliverables within timeframe and budget to be measured by;
1. Production zTPF uptime and availability
2. Test & Development zTPF uptime and availability
3. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and fix complex problems quickly by working with operations and systems support teams to resolve production issues in a timely manner.
4. Responsiveness to off-hours support requirements to include primary contact responsibilities for a complete 1 week on-call rotation period every month, both on and off hours.
5. Demonstrated effectiveness as a productive team member of the Coverage, Database and Change Control group.
6. Provision of information (verbal and documented) on all issues worked on to include follow-ups and closures.
7. Ability to work independently and to quickly come up to speed on new and emerging technologies in the zTPF and mainframe supporting Systems & Applications.
8. Completion of assigned tasks, on time with positive results.
Summary of Role;
- To keep Marriott's Production Global Reservation System (MARSHA) and multiple zTPF based Rreservation Test systems available and as error free as possible.
- Be the primary contact for any problem resolution requirements for zTPF Systems and engage other groups as appropriate to ensure service recovery is managed as quickly and efficiently as possible with minimum user impact.
- Work on the design, development and coding of Applications and Systems utilities which enable the zTPF Reservation Systems Support group to continuously improve service levels and processes.
- Develop and provide comprehensive scripts/procedures which enable the IRSS Global Network Operations Center to perform scheduled system maintenance smoothly.
- Transfer knowledge to other members of department.
- Maintain and test scripts to be used in Business Recovery situations.
- Participate in all zTPF Applications programming initiatives which involve related Systems utility changes.
1. 7+ years In depth knowledge of TPF and zTPF operating system environment
2. Proven experience in troubleshooting TPF System and Application problems including analyzing dumps, reviewing logs and traces.
3. Strong zTPF and TPF on-call Coverage background.
4..At least 5 years proven experience of programming in IBM Assembler and/or C/C++ Language
5. Working knowledge of zTPF system internals to include Recoup, Data Collection, File Maintenance, Face Table. File Systems, TPFDF, Posix and MQ experience a plus.
6. Excellent writing and oral communication skills together with a proven team orientated success profile.
7. Familiarity with standard PC desktop tools and utilities including IBM Toolkit, CMSTPF/gi and other TPF specific development tools.